Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

The House that Built Me

Have you heard Miranda Lambert's song "The House that Built Me" If you haven't listened to it here you go

I swear this song was written for our house in Simi. My parents have lived there for over 30 years. I was born in this house. Every childhood memory is in this house, every fight with my siblings was in this house, every broken heart was healed in this house, every amazing Christmas morning was in this house (damn it I'm already crying) Every triumph every failure was celebrated and healed in this house. This house TRULY built me.
Not only has this house built me, but it was where everyone came for holidays. My cousins, Aunts, and Uncles all love this house as well. It's part of our family.
So why am I writing this?
My Parents are moving and they are moving soon.
Don't get me wrong, I'm SO excited they are moving, because they are moving closer to us, their kids. I can't wait until we can spend EVERY holiday together again, rather than a phone call saying Happy Mothers Day/Fathers Day/Easter/Christmas/etc. I know all the grandkids can't WAIT to have Mumma and Papa at every birthday, every award ceremony, and just random days to get spoiled by them.
But we are leaving our home. The house that built me.


I started taking pictures of the house last time I went back. I need to have pictures to show my girls where I grew up. The house that shaped me. I only got the back yard done but it's a start. I am trying to go back this month to get the rest. I know both my sister and brother will want these photos as well.
This one is hard to see but it's our names... in the cement in the backyard.... another slab of concrete has our hand prints. I need to get a better picture of this as you can barely see this one. But its special none the less.

I know we all are going to cry when we have to say our final goodbyes to our home. I can't wait to have my parents here but its going to be bitter sweet. I love this house....

1 comment:

  1. I love this house too Sharleanna, because it wasn't just a house, it was a loving home! I have many memories of it too, and am sad for you all. I am happy that next time I come to Phoenix, I'll get to see all of you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete